Make : Yamaha
Model : R1
Year : 2015 onward
Part Number : BD-SW-5BC-11
Number of switch functions : 5
Position : Right side
Road or Track : Both, use the pull down options to add brake switch wiring
Mounting type : Mounts directly onto the brake master cylinder
Download the switch assembly product : Datasheet
This switch is intended to replace the standard right hand handlebar switch to provide simple Up, Down and Select push buttons replacing the scroll wheel via an intelligent control circuit board embedded within the switch body. No user programming is required, just plug it in and use it.
- On/Off (kill switch)
- UP function
- Select (mode) function)
- DOWN function
Note : The 2020 bike features a 1 piece switch and twist grip sensor housing. To use this separate switch component you must either use our KT160 throttle housing or a similar aftermarket product.
These 'Type C' switches mount directly onto the brake master cylinder using the two original clamp screws and a new dedicated clamp.
We have brake clamps for:
- BR-A 32mm in-line bolt spacing
- BR-B 30mm offset bolt spacing - Brembo XR , GP
- BR-N 32mm in-line with a left offset for short brake levers Nissin / Brembo RC, RCS, Costa Corta
- BR-F 30mm in-line as found on Accosato / Hel components
- BR-J 32mm offset bolts spacing as found on Beringer components
- BR-G Generic clamp for any 21.8 > 22.2 mm handlebar (does not mount on the brake pump)
Unless otherwise specified we will supply the BR-A clamp for this application.
Specify clamp type at the time of ordering. One clamp is supplied free of charge per switch.
Alternative clamps can be purchased separately, no need to replace the switch assembly.
Construction / Notes:
- Billet aluminium body
- IP 67 waterproof switches with gold plated contacts
- Raychem type 55 wire and DR25 sleeving
- Plug and play wiring
- Greater crash protection and electrical integrity
- May be repaired after crash damage